Bucks County Window Treatments: Everything that you need to know:
Window treatments are sometimes an afterthought for many homeowners. However, having the right window treatment for your Bucks County home allows natural light to flow through the house while giving you the privacy that you need - where you need it. Luckily, there are many options available when it comes to window treatment selections.
Things To Consider When Considering Window Treatments
Before either you decide to purchase or hire someone to install window treatments there are a few things you should consider. Knowing these things ahead of time will keep you knowledgeable and focused on the final decorated result.
- What Is The Purpose - decide what your ultimate goal is to have window treatments on each window. Is it mainly for overall look? Privacy? Allowing the natural light in while extenuating the interior design? Or do you require complete blocking of light in certain rooms? Defining your purpose will help in choosing the correct window treatment.
- Measurements - take measurements of each of the windows you would like to work on. Take interior measurements as well as exterior measurements of the window sills. This will help you understand some of the estimates that you’ll receive when speaking to some of our Bucks County window treatment vendors.
- Budget - determine how much money you are willing to put into your window treatment budget. Depending on the style you choose and the number of windows you are treating, it can add up.
- Style - we’ll go over a few of the different styles available for Bucks County homeowners in the next section. It is good to have an idea of what you are interested in installing in your home before reaching out to a professional.
- Efficiency - You may also want to take into consideration the efficiency of your windows and if your house has too much direct light that comes through the windows. If you allow too much light through your windows you may be overworking your air conditioner. If the insulation around your windows is lacking, your heater will be working overtime during the winter.
Bucks County Window Treatment Styles
There are many types of window treatments available to homeowners. Most can be categorized as either hard, soft, or a mixture of the two. Let’s take a look at the many options available.
- Roman Shades - Roman shades are a simple and sometimes affordable option for privacy and appearance. Although, they can get quite expensive! Roman shades are typically one long piece of fabric, typically installed on the interior of the window sill. The fabric of these shades fold elegantly at the bottom of the sill and can be pulled up by a cord on the side to allow light in. When down, the shades provide privacy while allowing some light through depending on the fabric.
- Blinds - Blinds are by far the most cost effective option available to Bucks County homeowners, but there are expensive options as well. Blinds can come either horizontal or vertical and can be many different materials. Vertical blinds are typically used for very tall windows and sliding glass doors while the horizontal blinds. High end blinds are typically made of fabric or wood. The more affordable versions are made of plastic or metal.
- Shutters - Farmhouse shutters are expensive, but the overall look of these window treatments may just be worth it. Farmhouse shutters are installed on the inside of the home and offer a diffusion of sunlight without actually blocking it. They also offer some privacy but not complete. This is a great option if you are looking to increase the value of your home while balancing light and privacy.
- Curtains - Of course, we cannot forget about curtains. Many homes utilize curtains in addition to one of the previously mentioned options. Adding curtains adds to the interior look of the home as well as block additional light and gives more privacy.
- Solar Shades - Although these are not too much of a concern in the Bucks County area, it is worth mentioning. Solar shades are used when the direct sunlight into your home during summer overworks your air conditioner. Placing the solar shades in the window cuts out a lot of the UV rays coming into the home thus reducing how hard your air conditioner is working.
How Bucks County Window Treatment Professional Can Help
Hiring a Bucks County window treatment professional can save you a lot of time while showing you what exactly would be best for your home. Explain to them what your intentions are with regard to the window treatments and they will be able to guide you in the right direction.
Bucks County window treatment professionals are ready and waiting for your call. They focus their business on helping homeowners achieve the look they are going for while keeping the project within budget.